|Lists and lists
||[Oct. 20th, 2007|03:55 pm]
I'm trying to avoid anything that requires brain function over weekends, so I'm just making an entry of lists. Okay, I'm lying, but that's just because I haven't made a proper entry since coming to Bevo-land for the Fall.
Favorite things at the moment!
1. Sleep. Lots and lots of sleep.
2. Peanut butter. I think one of my most redeeming qualities is that I'm not allergic to peanut butter. The world would seem so much harsher without it.
3. Honest Tea: Just Green. I picked this up at Whole Foods today and I likes it. It's kind of strong so I have to dilute it with water, but that means more servings! My friend and I came to the realization that we're 65-year-olds in 18-year-old bodies and this is just further evidence of that. Anyway, I hate tea with sugar in it (save for some citron teas) and this does the job.
I just bought this (sad, because it came out last year and I regret not hearing more from them earlier) and it's lovely. Actually, I don't regret buying this later because I picked up one of the 500 limited edition white vinyl LPs, so go me. It's pretty, I tell ya.
4. My new plant. I'm so not going to kill it like I did with my orchid. It's a little ghost plant and it's adorable. Plus, since it's a succulent, I don't have to water it as much. I AM AN OLD LADY.
5. Getting A's on papers I shit out the day before class. It was one of two papers I have to write this semester and by some miracle I did a pretty good job. Thank you private school for teaching me how to BS with style.
6. Reading non-course material. Okay, so it makes me cram before the test, but I'm doing a lot more reading than I expected. The 10 minutes before my Geography lecture is my prime reading time.
7. Not having to go to the cafeteria. Kinsolving has the best food on campus, sure. It's just awkward as hell to go there alone during lunch when I'd rather eat in my room. However, I now have some Amy's Palak Paneer to remedy that.
8. The weather right now. I like overcast days, but I tend to like cloudless days even better. No humidity and everything just looks prettier. Some music sounds better in the light too. Hard to explain, but true. Bees are also fans of the weather, but I'll deal.
9. Dhaba Joy. Vegan cupcakes! Lavender lemonade! Attractive staff! Walking distance! I might just faint.
10. Construction paper. I've been making Halloween decorations and it's my medium of choice right now.
Records I Bought This Past Week (I just got some more graduation money, so I've been participating in a small shopping spree before I have to hide my debit card again.):
Fleetwood Mac, Rumours
Elliott Smith, s/t
Angels of Light, We Are Him
Beach House, s/t
EITS, The Earth is Not A Cold Dead Place (I all ready have it digitally, but the packaging was too pretty not to get it.)
Mono, You Are There
So far, I'm happy with 'em.
I'll post more soon. I have pictures that I need to upload (meaning burn to disc on a lab computer), so I'll post those.